Aboriginal Engagement Officer - National Psychosocial Services
Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational qualification for this position under s14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
- Rewarding and meaningful work!
- Generous salary packaging!
- Fixed term, part time to 30 June 2021
Would you like use your lived experience of mental distress to make a real difference in peoples' lives? Here is your opportunity to join an organisation whose passion is mental health recovery.
One Door Mental Health is committed to improving the circumstances and welfare of people with a serious mental illness, their relatives, carers, and professionals working in the area.
About the program
The National Psychosocial Services (NPS) is a new program to covers 5 key domains; daily living skills, social connections, connection with family, physical health and well-being and budgeting.
This program will support individuals living with severe and persistent mental health conditions who are not eligible for the NDIS, to individual support and group-based activities that build their capacity to live well.
About the role
The Engagement Officers will use a recovery framework with individual clients to identify their strengths and aspirations and to develop an action plan in line with the 5 key domains.
Engagement Officers will be involved in:
- Designing and delivering structured group activities including after hours and weekend social and recreational activities.
- Include Peer Workers will use their lived experience intentionally to support the recovery journey of participants in the program
What you can bring to the role:
- The Engagement Officer workforce will reflect the diversity of the Western Sydney community
- Include people from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities, people from the Pacific Islander community.
Don't miss this opportunity to join a recognised and respected organisation and feel great about what you do!
Please contact Simone Thorne on 0439 305 426 for more information regarding this role.
An offer of employment is subject to candidates completing pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check and Working with Children check.