Carer Advocate - Part-time
Based in Goulburn
What we can offer you:
- Part time - 3 days per week
- Rewarding and meaningful work
- Generous salary packaging
Would you like use your lived experience of mental distress to make a real difference in peoples' lives? Here is your opportunity to join an organisation whose passion is mental health recovery.
One Door Mental Health is committed to improving the circumstances and welfare of people with a serious mental illness, their relatives and carers, and professionals working in the area.
About the program
The NSW Family and Carers Mental Health Program (FCMHP) operates across NSW where staff from both Local Health Districts and selected non-Government Organisations (NGOs) work side by side in a collaborative approach to provide a comprehensive range of support services and training and education to families and carers of people with a mental illness.
About the role
The role of the Carer Advocate is to develop and maintain an excellent program of carer support which provides information, education, advocacy, individual and peer support to relatives and friends of people with mental illness (carers).
What you can bring to the role:
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the FCMHP criteria and key performance indicators
- Ensure that families and carers of people have access to appropriate information and options.
- Build partnerships with the Local Health District and local stakeholders.
To succeed in this role you will need:
- A current and valid Working with Children Check clearance.
- Relevant qualifications in Cert IV in Mental Health or Community Services or equivalent experience
- Experience working within the community development framework will also be needed.
Don't miss this opportunity to join a recognised and respected organisation and feel great about what you do!
Please click the "Download PD" button below for a copy of the position description. To apply for the role or see selection criteria, click the "Apply Now" button below. Please note that applications will time out after three hours.
Please contact Penni Dickson on 0403 005 523 for more information regarding this role. Interviews will be held in Goulburn Monday 9th December 2019.
An offer of employment is subject to candidates completing pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check and Working with Children check.
One Door Mental Health an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. We strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.