NDIS Worker- Full Time
- Work as part of a self organising team
- Full Time
- SCHCADS Level 3
- Generous salary packaging
- Locations- Parramatta
One Door Mental Health is committed to improving the circumstances and welfare of people with a serious mental illness, their relatives, carers, and professionals working in the area. Our main aim is to provide a safe, supportive and respectful community in which people living with mental illness can realise their individual goals, maximise their community integration and enhance their quality of life.
In the NDIS stream, One Door operates locally as self-organised teams, where team members are collectively responsible and accountable for most aspects of delivering services.
About the role
The NDIS Worker will assist consumers on their journey towards independence, purposeful coping and self-management through direct individual consumer work as well as centre based/group activities to meet the consumer's goals.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Engaging them to work as a team and participate in a structured and meaningful working day.
- Providing one-on-one service delivery and/or group facilitation, supporting consumers to make their own decisions.
- Ensuring that all relevant consumer data, case notes and goals and outcomes information is current and up to date on the relevant Client Management System.
- Periodically reviewing with the consumer and with other team members the supports delivered and the way in which they were delivered.
To be successful in the role, you will need:
A Certificate III or IV in mental health, disability or related field, where qualifications are necessary for safety of the person we support:
- Ability to exercise personal responsibility and work as a part of a self organizing team.
- Sound IT Competence with Microsoft programs, Consumer Management Systems, electronic timesheet and HRIS.
- You will also need a current and valid NSW drivers licence and access to a comprehensively insured vehicle.
- Relevant experience and/or qualifications in working with people living with mental illness will be highly valued.
- Competency in the Microsoft Office suite is necessary.
Don't miss this opportunity to join a recognised and respected organisation and feel great about what you do!
Applications close soon, please apply as soon as possible.
To view the position description and apply for this job go to: http://onedoorcareers.org.au & enter ref code: 4763945.
One Door Mental Health an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. We strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.