Mental Health Nurse Full time
One Door Health Care is the clinical service that delivers community-based mental health services to people living with a mental illness, their relatives and carers. We work to create a world in which people with mental illness are valued and treated as equals. We live through these values and this is reflected in 74% of our staff having a lived experience of mental illness, either themselves or as a carer.
We provide affordable Health Care and allied health services for people with mental illness, and their families, who are unable to find these services due to financial constraints, or clinician unavailability. Health Care operates from four sites in Sydney, each clinic being co-located with other One Door recovery services. We have psychologists, mental health social workers, exercise physiologists and dieticians providing Better Access, Primary Health Network funded psychological services and NDIS services to clients.
About the Program
One Door has been commissioned by Central and Eastern Sydney Primary Health Network to deliver the Primary Integrated Care Supports Program (PICS) to support people living with severe and persistent mental illness to stay well living in the community.
PICS is delivered by credentialed and experienced mental health nurses work in a team with peer workers. Nurses are supported by the PICS manager, peer worker coordinator and One Door Clinical Director. We are looking for experienced mental health nurses, who are preferably credentialed, or able to complete credentialing.
The mental health nurse role:
- Lead the development of individual care plans for clients by convening case conferences and maintaining links with engaged clinicians and peer workers; and identifying clear roles for all the clinicians/peer workers/medical staff involved in the client's care.
- Establish and maintain links with state mental health services to ease transition of clients between services, in collaboration with PICS Manager.
- Engage and liaise with family members as relevant to the client's situation.
- Provide ongoing support to the client, with regular review of mental health and wellbeing.
- Support the Peer Worker in their role with the client.
- Administer, monitor and support compliance with medication.
- Formulate treatment and risk management plans for acutely unwell mental health consumers in the community.
- Provide psychoeducation in partnership with the peer worker.
- Maintain client records in Health Kit and service contact data in redicase.
To succeed in this role you will need the following:
- Be an AHPRA registered nurse
- Be credentialed with the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses, or eligible to be credentialed
- Extensive experience working as a mental health nurse, with people with severe and complex mental illness
- Experience working in a team with peer workers in a recovery-oriented framework.
- Knowledge of community based mental health services, understanding of the community sector and experience working in an NGO will be desirable
- Completed or willingness to complete cultural competency training
- Completed or willingness to complete trauma informed care in practice training.
Don't miss this opportunity to join a recognised and respected organisation!
For more information regarding this role please contact Gabrielle Kay, PICS Program Manager, on 0437 978 279
An offer of employment is subject to candidates completing pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check and Working with Children check.
One Door Mental Health an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. We strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.