Recovery College Manager -Part-time
- Rewarding and meaningful work!
- Generous salary packaging!
- Part Time role (3 days per week)!
Would you like use your brilliant leadership abilities to make a real difference in peoples' lives? Here is your opportunity to join an organisation whose passion is to mental health recovery.
One Door Mental Health is committed to improving the circumstances and welfare of people with a serious mental illness, their relatives and carers, and professionals working in the area.
Recovery College is an innovative mental health education program for people living with mental health concerns, their carers and family members, workers in the community sector in Western Sydney and members of the community. The college aims to increase mental health literacy and enhance mental health recovery through empowering students to learn and grow in a safe and respectful environment.
Working as our Recovery College Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the development and delivery of course programs and other day to day operations of the college. You will use your excellent communication skills to build strong business partnerships with Wentwest PHN and other services and organisations. Your talent for planning and organising will allow you to develop and promote co-designed Recovery College semester programs and provide reports on the College's operations in this diverse and dynamic role.
What you can bring to the role
You will lead a dynamic team of educators (mental health professionals and peer educators) who co-design and co-deliver our courses across western Sydney and lead and support the College Engagement Officer, Education Officer and Administration Officer. We are seeking:
- An outstanding leader (minimum of 5 years in a senior management role in the sector)
- Qualifications or experience in mental health or the community sector
- Qualifications or experience in education
- High level communication, collaboration and relationship building skills
- High level problem solving and strategic planning skills
- High level people management skills
- Creativity and innovation
- Commitment to the philosophy and principles of Recovery College
To succeed in this role you will possess:
- Previous management experience in mental health or community services sector and a commitment to recovery principles is required.
- A tertiary qualification in mental health, a talent for project management and experience in the delivery or coordination of education programs.
Don't miss this opportunity to join a recognised and respected organisation and feel great about what you do!
Please click the "Download PD" button below for a copy of the position description. To apply for the role or see selection criteria, click the "Apply Now" button below. Please note that applications will time out after three hours.
Please contact Lesley Morrison (02) 9879 2600 or 0434 691 363 for more information regarding this role.
An offer of employment is subject to candidates completing pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check and Working with Children check.
One Door Mental Health an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. We strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.